Thursday, February 03, 2005

Sex Kills Part 2

In 1993 Huntington House published my book A GENERATION BETRAYED: ITS TIME TO END THE SEXUAL REVOLUTION. The original title had been Sex Kills, and to this day I wish we had stayed with the first title. I was very fortunate to have major publicity from that book, appearing on over 200 radio interviews, and several television interviews including the old daytime Geraldo show. The Geraldo program was rebroadcast 6 times that we know of for a total potential audience of over 10,000,000. But the sales of the book were not impressive. I still blame the title. Or was that obvious.

I am currently about 1/3 finished with an update of this book, which when published, will be called Sex Kills. Undoubtedly there will be some kind of subtitle. Or maybe not. With this blog I am soliciting your thoughts on a subtitle, or the title if you are so inclined. But more importantly I would love your opinion about the benefits and detriments of sex outside of marriage. First person accounts are especially useful. If you want your real name used in the case that I would tell your story, please send a separate email giving me permission. If you don't want your name used, then I will tell any worthwhile story with names changed to protect the not so innocent.

Also useful would be any unique approaches you may know about to help teens make it to the alter as virgins. Positive encouragement or scare stories both welcome.

Other bloggers, I solicit your help in moving this message along by placing it on your blog. Since 1993 there has been a substantial drop in the number of teens having sex, getting pregnant, and getting abortions. I don't claim to have had any significant part in that, but every little bit helps. Maybe this book or your story in it will result in one, or 12, or 100, or 20,000 young people choosing purity.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hi Randy,
Thanks for sharing this with me. I agree the first title was the best.
I believe that we should redirect our society, children and adults, to a better path, the sexual revolution was not a good direction or path. There is a peace that comes to those who wait. That peace is better than any sex.
In a world that moves too fast for all ages. It is my opinion that stepping back from sexuality until we are sure about our decision from deep within is more often than not, a better choice.
Always warm regards, Ginger