Friday, May 23, 2014

Lukewarm Christian Is an Oxymoron

Love God more than anything else including life itself. 

Sorry if this insults you. If you are not passionate about your Christian walk, you may not be on your way to eternal life with Jesus. 

Jesus said to the church at Laodicea in Revelation 3:16 

So, because you are lukewarm--neither hot nor cold--I am about to spit you out of my mouth.

Does that passage leave room for interpretation. Is Jesus being hyperbolic here. I don't think so. He is actually just repeating himself.  See Matthew 7:19

Every tree that does not bear good fruit is cut down and thrown into the fire.

Does that sound like it leaves room for "Don't worry, you can still get into heaven if you are nice to your family and friends? Fruit mean acts, deeds, discipling others, staying in the Word, being sacrificial in your love of God and others, and so much more. 

There are many, many more such verses that I can site. But you probably already know them. These two should be enough to make the point. 

Where does this leave you?!

I think I can say that you are somewhere on the spectrum between cold and hot. And I would maintain that where ever you are on that continuum, you are at a decision point. Will you become more devoted, more passionate, more intentional, more disciplined, or will you stay right where you are?

I've written a book that others tell me has already moved them toward becoming true disciples, taking up their cross, giving up their worldly interests, and surrendering to God's call on their life. 

God Called - He Needs Your Decision is available on Amazon and depending on when you read this may also be available through other outlets.

No comments: