Wednesday, April 20, 2005

Writers part 2 - Instructions

The feedback thus far on the top Christian books of the last 105 years, top Christian books by genre, and biographies of modern Christian heroes has been great so far. One friend pointed out, however, that I might not have given quite enough information about exactly how to proceed.

Please e-mail your piece to me when completed. It can be a typical 2 to 4 paragraph blog post or it can be 2000 words if you like, but send it to Randy@Kirks4Jesus.com or Randy_Kirk@CaliforniaSprings.com. I am not asking for any exclusive right to use. Post it on your own site if you wish, and syndicate it. Just send it to me for the compilation. There is a good chance that I will also compile these into books. If you don’t want your product to be used for that purpose, please let me know up front. It won’t influence whether I use it in the blogs, but I’d rather know that I need someone else to cover the turf in addition to you. These lists would not be complete without certain names (C.S. Lewis) or books (Richard Foster’s "Celebration of Discipline")

I would like to get this done in the next 30 days. With 100 good writers we can do it even faster than that. The biographies might take a little longer due to research time, but even there we are not looking for book length biographies. Most of you should be able to dash off a revue of your favorite book or two or three in short order.

I hope this covers the needed details, but I’ll be happy to hear from anyone who feels I’ve left stuff out.

No comments: