Wednesday, November 30, 2005

Sex and the Supremacy of Christ

I've been meaning to do a review of this outstanding compilation of articles. But our assistant pastor beat me to the punch and did a way better job than I could ever do. So let me just give you a couple of paragraph intro. Then if you're interested, you can read the rest of the review here.

In the eleven years I have been married I have read many Christian books on dating, marriage, relationships and sexual intimacy. Several of them have been mixtures of psychology and theology at best. Others were solidly ground in scriptural. Sex and the Supremacy of Christ falls into the latter category. In fact, it is unlike any book that I have ever read on the topic of sex.

If you're single, check it out. If you're engaged, check it out. If you're married, check it out. You'll not be able to count on all your fingers and toes the things that you will learn regarding the theology of sex. The bottom line: everything is for God's glory, including sex. Piper, Dever, Mahaney and the other authors do a superb job at explaining how this all pans out in scripture.

No comments: