Tuesday, January 10, 2006

What Women Really Want

At various times in my life I have thought I really knew a lot about this subject. At other times it feels like I know absolutely nothing and am trending downhill. Now, I at least understand why I am so confused. According to a recent study, more than 50% of the women surveyed, when offered a list of things they wish they could change:

From a wish list that included never having money worries again, dating the A-list star of their choice or a genius-level IQ score, 51 per cent of women still plumped for a slimmer figure, according to a survey for the website tescodiets.com.


I really work hard at keeping my weight under control, but

One in three women admitted that they spend more time worrying about their weight than their finances, jobs or families. And while 29 per cent said their biggest dread was going to the dentist and 16 per cent cited looking for a new job, a massive 40 per cent admitted their worst fear was having to try on clothes in a shop's communal fitting rooms.



Personally, I don't think it is healthy to turn any aspect of life into an idol, but if I were choosing between IQ and size of any part of my body, the choice would be easy.

Nineteen out of 20 of the female population say that they place a higher priority on having a smaller waist than on their intelligence.


I have probably already said way too much about this subject, but I suspect for most men, this one study will be more eye-opening than the entire book Men are From Mars, Women are From Venus.

HT to WorldNetDaily.com and The Independent

No comments: