Friday, June 09, 2006

Bush - Our "Bravest" President


Norma, at Collecting Our Thoughts, and I agree about pretty much everything except immigration solutions, and a few days ago she quoted one of the men I admire most, Richard Land. Richard, pictured above, is president of the Southern Baptist Convention's Ethics & Religious Liberty Commission, and he is brillient, to say the least. If I didn't know this based on reading him and hearing his interviews, I would know it because he has said kind things about some of my writing. Yuk Yuk!

Anyway, Richard is now on record as calling George W. one of our bravest presidents. I would add indefatigable, tough minded, principled, and a few others. Land's point is that the president has staked out a set of principles, and he marches forward regardless of the hits he takes from the liberal press, or even sometimes his base. Norma lists some of those things where the President has stayed the course, but one she doesn't mention is immigration. See the complete post

No comments: