Then, I found this terrific list of 10 Things You Can Do to Save the Planet.
1. Turn off faucets when not in use. While a single dripping faucet may not seem to be much of an environmental hazzard, the numbers really begin to add up when you're hosting a Sierra Club fundraising party for Laurie David and all 10 of your bathrooms are in use. Have your domestic staff check to make sure that electonic sink sensors are working properly, and use other water conservation methods such as installing low-flow bidets. Remember to remind your guests: "If it's yellow, let it mellow."
2. Upgrade to a new Gulfstream G550. Next time you take off for Cannes
3. Crush a Third World economic development movement.
4. Don't Have Babies. Many people are shocked when they learn that fewer than 25% of the Screen Actors Guild and Directors Guild have been spayed or neutered.
5. Alternative fuel motorcades.
6. Go on a random killing spree.
7. "Green begins at home." ... For instance, have your groundskeeping staff lower the water levels in your koi ponds, and turn off your energy-wasting security cameras between 1 AM and 7 AM.
8. Phase out the entertainment industry by 2011. If there is one sector of our economy that typifies America's obscene energy waste,
9. Commit suicide.
10. Support eco-friendly organizations and political candidates.
This is far funnier if you read the whole thing. Go here
I would add. Just kill all the rich people in the world. They use far more energy and create far more CO2 than the rest of us.
HT to The Commons