Sunday, September 04, 2005

Crazy Optimist

I'm going out on a big limb here. On this 7th day since Katrina hit, I think there has been a huge overstatement of the disaster. It is bad, and the way a few of the citizens responded was a disgrace. However, here are my estimates compared to the ones you're hearing about.

City closed for 9 months. I say more than 50% will be back at home 30 days from now
30 days to drain all the water. That is the low estimate. I say it will be no more than 30 days and probably a lot less.
Potaable water and power in 3 months. I say at least 50% in 30 days. 100% in less than 3 months.
Dead 10,000 or more. I say less than 1000. Maybe way less.
Cost $100,000,000,000. I say $35 BILLION.


Why do I say all this. Because looking back over the years, they always overblow how bad things are.

The governor of LA will take a fall for this, however. Many failings by that office. I feel bad that anyone who has obviously done all they know how they do with a right heart needs to take a fall, but thats the way things work.

No comments: