Tuesday, November 07, 2006

Great Political Night in America - One Big Exception

Sure, I'm an optimist. The headline tomorrow will be that Nancy is the new leader of the House. That is really, really bad news. However:

Republicans will hold the Senate
Marriage definition wins everywhere (except maybe Az)
Deadlock in government isn't always a bad thing
The President and his Sect of Defense will have to rethink the plan. (I am a lonely voice who thinks they know what they are doing, but it never hurts to have your back up against the wall. Tends to stimulate the gray matter)
Stock market will probably love this
Republicans will have to think like losers instead of winners. Much needed
Maybe somebody will convince Bush that communication is needed
Something will be done about immigration reform (I know most of my friends won't like this, but I'm a lonely voice on this one who believes we need a plan for the millions who aren't going home.)

All-in-all, a pretty good night.

No comments: